Monday, March 12, 2012

solitude

It seems that back in 2007, on this blog, I was doing something similar to what I am doing now - excerpting from Notes on a Philosophy of Solitude, and including a Merton photograph.  Interestingly, those excerpts are slightly different from the ones I've chosen for this Lenten meditation on solitude.  The photographs are different too.

The 2007 excerpts are here:
Solitude in Community- August 31, 2007
Loneliness in which each single spirit must confront the Living God - August 30, 2007
Spiritual poverty - August 29, 2007
True solitary, False solitary - August 12, 2007


No comments:

Post a Comment

Amounting to Nothing, Brother Paul

  Brother Paul Quenon, Photo by Rhonda J. Miller .  Sorry monk that I am, I never amounted to nothing. Somebody must have laid a curse on me...