Thursday, June 8, 2017

Getting back on track

A few days ago I got an email from someone I did not know, someone who had been reading Louie for more than 10 years. I began thinking of how much keeping up this blog had helped me to focus on something that is important. An awareness, a way of seeing and being in the world that both comforts and challenges me. A calling to a different road and way than is offered by the commercials and advertisements of the world.

Writing this blog was not much trouble and it didn't take much time. But it did keep me on track. I've been feeling a bit off track lately, swirling in noise and addictive "news".

I hope to get back on track.

The following quote was at the bottom of the email I got. If I keep my eyes open, I may find more of these falling in my path.

I look up at the night sky, and I know, yes, that we are part of this Universe, we are in this Universe, but, perhaps more important than both of these facts, is that the Universe is in us.  When I reflect on that fact, I look up.  Many people feel small because they are small and the Universe is big.  But I feel big because my atoms came from those stars.

-- Neil Degrasse Tyson

1 comment:

  1. I suspect your postings have had far wider ripples than you’re beginning to be aware of, Beth. The butterfly wing effect is manifested in countless ways throughout creation.

    ReplyDelete

Amounting to Nothing, Brother Paul

  Brother Paul Quenon, Photo by Rhonda J. Miller .  Sorry monk that I am, I never amounted to nothing. Somebody must have laid a curse on me...