Friday, December 13, 2019

embracing beauty

Credit...Reiner Bajo/Fox Searchlight Pictures
This is what I reach for in my own life. Thank you Blessed Franz Jaegarstaater for showing the way.

The arresting visual beauty of “A Hidden Life,” which was shot by Joerg Widmer, is essential to its own argument, and to Franz’s ethical and spiritual rebuttal to the concerns of his persecutors and would-be allies. 
The film is an affirmation of its hero’s holiness, a chronicle of goodness and suffering that is both moving and mysterious. ... 
Franz Jägerstätter’s defiance of evil is moving and inspiring, and I wish I understood it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Good Shepherd’s commitments to us

Photo (by me) from the Basilica of Sts. Cosmos and Damian, Roma HT to John Predmore SJ for the following: I would like to talk about God’s ...